FUJIFILM X-H2S offers a powerful and versatile combination of photographic and filmmaking features to enhance any storyteller’s vision. Central to its success are the 26.1-megapixel, backilluminated X-Trans 5 stacked sensor and X-Processor 5, which combine to provide a 14-stop dynamic range and outstanding performance in all lighting conditions. For motion professionals, there is a wealth of 6.2K 30P full sensor 3:2 recording options, which includes internal 10-bit 4:2:2 Apple ProRes and external Apple ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW, all with an electronic shutter capable of making images at 40 frames-per-second, with up to 7-stops of in-body image stabilization, and with an AI-powered advanced autofocus system designed to ensure that performance-seeking stills photographers will also not be disappointed.
• Unparalleled Image Quality X-H2S is the first X Series camera to feature the 26.1-megapixel, X-Trans 5 stacked backilluminated sensor. Building on the unique X-Trans color filter array that minimizes moiré and false colors, placing the sensor’s circuitry on a separate layer from the pixels delivers outstanding image quality thanks to expanded low light capabilities and up to 14-stops of dynamic range. Allied to the sensor is the new X-Processor 5, offering lightning-fast performance for the most demanding situations. Capable of handling vast amounts of data, X-Processor 5 delivers next-level performance enhancements in video and stills processing capabilities and a 5.76 million dot resolution EVF, alongside advanced, intelligent autofocus functionality that’s 3x faster than Fujifilm’s preceding X-T4 model.
• Powerful and Creative Video Powerful video features make X-H2S a go-to device – both for hybrid image makers and dedicated motion professionals. Up to 90 minutes of footage can be internally recorded with a single battery, at a wide range of resolutions and frame rates up to 6.2K/30P in Open Gate 3:2, 4K/120P, and Full HD/240P. This delivers unparalleled flexibility within the X Series lineup. Additionally, the ability to record 10-bit 4:2:2 Apple ProRes footage internally to CFexpress Type B memory cards offers incredible postproduction flexibility, while the X-Trans 5 sensor’s 14-stop dynamic range optimizes the level of image detail across a uniquely wide exposure range.
• Unmatched Autofocus Performance The autofocusing system in X-H2S is not only quick, but also highly advanced. Capable of working in light levels down to -7EV and keeping up with both fast and erratically moving subjects, it now features Subject Detection Autofocus, utilizing AI to deliver an unmatched autofocus performance. Whereas previous X Series models offer Face and Eye Detection AF, X-H2S’s Subject Detection AF broadens the range of identifiable subjects to further enhance focusing accuracy. The new system has the ability to identify and track cars, planes, trains, motorcyclists, birds, horses, dogs, cats and more. Furthermore, face and eye detection capabilities have been expanded to pick up hairlines, glasses, and face coverings.
• Never Miss a Moment X-H2S delivers powerful performance, suitable for any professional photographer or filmmaker. Continuous shooting is possible at 15 frames-per-second with the mechanical shutter, and up to 40 frames-per-second when the electronic shutter is deployed. These impressive speeds are backed up by the camera’s high-capacity buffer, which allows unlimited continuous recording and writing of JPEG and RAW files to a high speed memory card when using the mechanical shutter. Creative possibilities abound with the camera’s in-body image stabilization system, offering up to seven stops of shake reduction to give the handheld user true versatility.
• Professional Movie Capabilities In addition to a wide range of internal video recording features, X-H2S provides significant flexibility for external recording. F-Log or F-Log2, Apple ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW footage can all be recorded to an external device through the camera’s standard, Type A HDMI port. Unlock the full capability of X-H2S’s unmatched image quality by recording F-Log or F-Log2 in resolutions of up to 6.2K in Apple ProRes RAW*1 and Blackmagic RAW*2 .
*1 Atomos Ninja V+ HDR Monitor Recorder Required
*2 Blackmagic Design Video Assist Monitor Required